Holy twenty-eleven! A whole load of stuff happened this year and I'm proud to say most of it was good. Even when my dates were total crap I had the privilege of sharing them with you fine readers. Most of you discovered my blog this year thanks to
Ms. Rachel Machacek who I discovered thanks to my mom who told me to go meet Rachel at her NYC book reading.
Some of you have reached out and told me that I've made you laugh. Others of you have said that you feel less alone in the dating 'game'. Hearing that makes me so grateful and motivates me to keep dating and keep writing.
Now let's have some fun and recap my dating life over the past year.
100FD Stats 2011
- 32 first dates
- 8 second dates compared to 4 second dates in 2010 - that's a good thing, right?
- 6 months on Match.com led to 4 dates - 40, 41, 42, 43 - 3 of which were horrific. Got off Match
- 4 guys called me on the phone to schedule a date
- 3 dudes named Brian I dated at the same time. #2 was the most special
- 3 men I experienced real chemistry - one rejected me, one faded away, one I hope to see again soon
- 2 dates made it further than the 2nd date compared to 3 last year
- 3 dates with guys I met offline compared to 4 last year - 1 at a bar, 1 at speed dating, 1 was a set-up
- 1 whole month off from dating (August). During this time fell in love with Improv.
- I went out with a younger guy who lied about his age to make him older, and an older guy who lied to be younger. Guess who was more mature?
- Makeouts - too many to count compared to only 3 last year. That is a good thing.
- Learned to take dating MUCH less seriously
- Still looking for love in 2012. Real LOVE love.
100FD Highlights 2011
All my dates with Gabe, #39, the younger guy
Dinner and hand-holding (pre-rejection) with #45
Kissing in the park with #46
Second date with fellow dating blogger, #57
Whiskey and Chemistry with #61
100FD Lowlights 2011
A job interview with Mr. Know-it-all #31
Thanks to #41, I'll never look at grilled cheese the same way
According to #42, I look Asian
Yo, #54, Eminem is the only white rapper I enjoy
A date dismissal from #56
Do you have any favorite posts from 2011?
What were your dating highlights or lowlights from 2011?
What would you like to see more of from 100 First Dates in 2012?
Please comment or share via email: email@example.com