A Hamburg sunset
- RECYCLE everything and CONSERVE energy. Use the sunshine to see and the fresh air to dry your clothes.
The Spree River, Berlin
- BRING your own bags to the grocery store, the market, the pharmacy, or be prepared to pay $1.50 for a plastic bag. Genius.
I'd like to live in one of these in Lübeck.
- RIDE your bike everywhere.
Even to McDonald's.
- SPREAD Nutella on more things more often.
Freshly baked things.
- ADD museli to your yogurt for deliciousness.
The longest part left of the Berlin wall was left for artists...
- NEVER forget World War II, Fascism, Communism, Democracy.
The Holocaust Memorial, Berlin.
- DRINK beer everywhere all the time. Seriously.
- SIT outside as often as the weather allows preferably near a body of water.
Or swim in a body of water in another body of water.
- COOK food at home. Eat out less. Picnic more.
25 different kinds of mustard. My heaven.
- KEEP FRIENDSHIPS. As we get older they are harder to maintain. We get busy, we get spouses and families, but don't use these as an excuse. I was sad when my friends moved to Berlin last year, but I'm so grateful that we are still in each other's lives. They have taught me:
- LOVE and COMMITMENT aren't easy but they are so worth it.
- ENJOY living NOW.
....I LOVE you guys.